Friday, June 20, 2014

Goldens are the best

I have always loved dogs. Ever since I was a kid I've loved meeting them, playing with them, and owning them. Big dogs have always had a special place in my heart, because they seem to have sweeter dispositions, and overall are more fun. Honestly, hugging a 180 Ib Newfoundland was one of the best experiences of my life (not to say my life hasn't been great, hugging a Newfoundland was just that good).
With all of that in mind- I have always been the most fond of Golden Retrievers. To me they are the perfect dog, and everything I would ever want in a dog. For those of you that may be considering getting a golden for the first time, be aware that they are incredibly friendly. They love people, and are known for wanting to please their owners. They train easily, and are relatively smart. I say relatively, because some smart dogs are known for getting into trouble, but goldens seem to toe the line of just smart enough to train easily, but not so smart that they are always in trouble. Goldens are also known for being incredibly loyal. They love their owners, and will do anything for them. Lastly, and one of my favorites is they are incredibly expressive dogs. They smile when they're happy (which is most of the time) but they also let you know when they're sad or depressed. I can tell how my goldens are doing ,at a glance.




1 comment:

  1. I remember Baggins' smile and Chip's silly grins. Yes, Goldenseal are just that: golden.

    ReplyDelete