Saturday, June 7, 2014

Seeing the world for the first time

What do you suppose it's like to see the world for the first time. Over the last few days the puppies eyes have begun to gradually open. Its become clear for awhile that they were trying, because you could see their little eyes moving behind their closed eyelids. As people have held the puppies they let out little shouts of excitement when they see the first glimpse of color poke out from underneath the puppies lids. I can't help but think it must be an overwhelming experience for the little guys. All of a sudden an entirely new sense is available to them. Color is now a thing!
Along with this newly developed sense, the puppies are beginning to explore more. This is particularly adorable to watch since their legs are still developing the strength to walk. They will hoist themselves up as best as they can on all four paws and try to scoot around the room investigating every corner they can get to. Sometimes I will be working at my computer and one will randomly crawl up against my foot and start licking it.
I think its fascinating that even now I can see small differences in the puppies. Some will always cuddle with their siblings when they sleep. Some will always be wandering around. And some are quite content to sleep alone. I like to think that I am beginning to see the individuality of each puppy begin to develop.

1 comment: