Saturday, July 12, 2014

Getting ready to say goodbye

As the day for the puppies departure comes closer, a lot of people have been asking me if it will be hard to see the puppies go. Overall I would say the answer is "no". That may sound heartless, but it doesn't mean that I won't miss them in some ways. I think it will be easy to see the puppies go mainly because I feel very comfortable with the owners that they are all going to. I feel lucky that I have had a chance to meet most of the future owners in person, and the rest I have been able to talk to about the living situation the puppy is going to. I have really enjoyed getting to know their future owners, and see the excitement in their faces as they consider names, and other things for their puppies. Kids are especially fun, because no one lights up like a child at the thought of getting a puppy.
There are, however, parts of saying goodbye that will be hard. The puppies are much more social nowadays, and love playing with people and their parents. If I'm lying on the couch, its not uncommon for a few of them to try (unsuccessfully) to get to me. Their little faces will appear right next to mine as their tails start to wag. You can almost hear them saying "Come on! Let's play, Mike!". I will miss staring into their little eyes, and cradling them in my arms  as they fall asleep. What can I say, I'm a sucker for puppies.
Puppy Attack!

No comments:

Post a Comment